Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy 8th Anniversary!

June 30, 2001 is the day Chad decided to ditch his single life and go the path of love. (this is where you say "AWW") ;-) This is our first anniversary of "being together" that we're married so do we celebrate this still or just our wedding anniversaries? I think BOTH!!!
For those who don't know the story of how we got together, here you go:

We knew each other & were friends (through a mutual friend from my hometown, Becca) for about 1 1/2 at this point. I was living in Orlando and Chad was in Boca. My friend Allison just had a breakup with a somewhat serious boyfriend at the time so I wanted to take a trip with her to get her mind off of him. I thought I'd be sly and introduce her to my friend, at the time, Chad who lived in Boca Raton. I'm all about 2 birds with 1 stone so I thought it was a great idea to do a weekend getaway to South Florida and a hook up for a good friend. I guess the surprise was on me when Allison told me later that evening that she couldn't possibly date Chad as the "look on his face" told her he was in love with me. Being the good friend she is, she convinced me he liked me and that I should consider him instead of her. Chad doesn't think he gave me the "love" look and argues that I was the one who fell in love with him first. I don't believe that one second.

In any case - Chad, thank you for being the most supportive and loving husband (former boyfriend) I could hope for. I thank God for you and you know that!

We look so young in this pic. This was taken about 6 years ago.

2 comments:

Jovina and Bill said...

RIa, Sorry to say, you look EXACTLY the same in this pic. You know, Flips don't age honey! :)

Jovina and Bill said...

Oh, GREAT pic by the way. So sweet~!